For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Oh Snap!

So this happened yesterday evening!



Snuck in a round yesterday evening and on the Par 5, 8th at SCC, my tee shot found the left rough and the ball nestled next to a small tree. I figured a simple punch shot would suffice to get back onto the fairway and was pretty sure I wouldn't make contact with the tree.

So I took my trusty 5 iron and as I was making my downswing, I somehow made contact with the tree on the follow through (ouch!!) and promptly snapped the shaft in two.



I could have sworn I didn't hit the tree trunk very hard at all so was surprised it snapped the way it did.



So it was off to Pan West today to check in with Teoh, the resident fitter. Good thing he had the NS Pro shaft in stock and was able to carry out the 'transplant' today.


And that's why you need golfer's insurance! I am insured with Allianz and they pay up to RM250.00 for club breakages. (Maximum amount of RM1,000.00 during duration of coverage).

Also, the next time I find myself next to a tree, I am just going to take a penalty drop.. it's less painful.



No comments:

Post a Comment