For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Friday, November 6, 2015

What a week it's been!

The final round of the CIMB Classic concluded just last Sunday and I am missing CIMB Classic week already. 


Volunteering at the CIMB Classic 2015 has been a fantastic experience.


Along the way, I have had the chance to see things from behind the ropes. I have also met with and seen some the biggest names in Golf in action up close.

 

I have had the opportunity to meet several amazing people and made a bunch of new friends. The volunteer program is a fine example of true teamwork and I am glad to have had a small part to play.  

I am not going to lie though. It was a pretty tough week (a typical day starts from 4am-6pm) and there were definitely some up and downs, but it was alot of fun and at the end of every day, it was immensely gratifying to see everything come together. 


The above said, none of this would have been possible if it wasn't for the hard work of every dedicated volunteer. It was a collective effort and I am very proud to have been a part of it.

There were so many of us, but I want to thank firstly the members in Group H. Guys and Gals (you know who you are), you were amazing throughout the week. I cannot thank you enough for stepping up when needed and for that, you have my sincere thanks and utmost appreciation.

My fellow hole Captains, Johari, Faizal, Din, Prithpal, Kishen, Chris. H, Chris. S, Lukas, Jack and Gary, thank you for all the laughs, help and guidance throughout the week. You guys are number 1! 

To the ladies who worked overtime behind the scenes, Terry, Aishah and Shandi, thank you!


Lastly, Emma and Nick, thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of this amazing experience. The tireless work that the both of you do made our jobs so much easier and is truly appreciated. You both are awesome and I am convinced that there is no one more suited for the job!

 

True teamwork!

And so it ends, for now. I will definitely be there in 2016 and if you have never volunteered, sign up! You won't regret it.















No comments:

Post a Comment