For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Hole-In-One

The odds of an amateur golfer ("hacker") making a hole in one is 12,500 : 1

I have been playing golf as a serious hobby for some years now (since 2012) and it has always been a dream to hit that coveted shot.  

That day finally came on 3rd August 2019, during the Pusaka Golf Tournament at Kelab Golf Sarawak. 

It was a shot-gun start that Saturday morning and our flight teed off  on the par 3, 17th hole of the Demak Nine. There was a Proton Saga up for grabs for an ACE and I didn't even find the green. So it wasn't quite the electric start I was looking for.  

We prodded along and the swing had warmed up so I was starting to hit solid iron shots. Eventually we arrived at the par 3, 6th hole of the Siol Nine. A fairly long-ish hole that played 165m from the blue tees with some water on the right, just before the green.

It was a yellow flag setup (middle) and I decided on my 6 iron. A solid strike would get me on the green comfortably. "LFG!" 

Walked up to the tee, did my pre-shot routine and aimed at the flag. Exhaled and it was off to the races. I struck the ball and immediately knew I hit a beauty. Off the screws and on a seemingly good line. 

I hold my finish as I watch the ball sail through the air magnificently. Where's Top tracer when you need it. 

The ball lands before the pin ("Hmm not bad, close." I think to myself) and starts rolling towards the hole. "Surely not." I continue starring. A few seconds later, my ball disappears. Time stops and I-am-stunned. My flight mates erupt in cheer and rush to hug me. I am in sheer disbelief. 

I quickly look to the spotter standing by the right side of the green and he's waving his hands in the air and as he starts walking towards the hole, I screammmmm! my hands raised, goosebumps all over. I could not believe it. 


Needless to say the ride to the green was a noisy one and that walk up the green was surreal. Still couldn't believe it when I saw the ball at the bottom of the cup. Golfer's Euphoria.



Like the other par 3s, this one came with a pretty nice prize. So it was doubly sweet. 


I was still on a such a massive high when we left the green. To be honest, I didn't give a crap how I was going to play the remaining holes but as it turned out, I played pretty good (an 83 / - 8) and ended up in second place in the gross category. 


An Ace, a prize for the Ace and a TV. Talk about a triple celebration. 

What an incredible day and what about the ball? Well if you know me, I had it framed up with the score card and it's hanging nicely in my office now. 

A hole in one and getting to meet Tiger Woods. Suffice to say, 2019 has been an awesome golfing year and I can now die in peace. 

Until the next post, here's hoping you get an Ace too. 




1 comment:

  1. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.
    Satta king | Sattaking | Satta Result | Satta King Now | Satta-King

    ReplyDelete