For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmas Medal - Brain farting

Joined the Christmas Medal tournament over the weekend at Samarahan Country Club and there was a very good turn out with over 100 golfers participating in the last tournament of the year.

Pimp my ride?

I am currently playing off a 14 handicap (still don't know how it's dropped that low. For my game that is) and it's been a challenge playing to it. That said, the game felt pretty good leading up to Saturday so I was raring to go. 

Alas, it was not to be (surprise surprise!) 

It was a rough start from the get go. Starting off on the precarious 10th hole, I managed to put two balls into the hazard to card an ugly massively deflating "8". From there, it was all about damage control.  

My very colourful scorecard. *sigh.

On a positive note, I managed 2 birdies (including a sandy birdie on the 16th) and left a couple of pars on the course. Considering the horrid start, I guess coming back +1 wasn't too bad... 

What pisses me off about the round is that I haven't had problems with the 10th hole over the last few rounds.  Plus, bad drives off the tee basically led to implosions on holes 7, 10 and 13. "If only". Well, that's classic brain farting for you. 

But it wasn't all bad. My three flight mates all went back with a prize. Not to mention, our 13 year old (1 handicapper) snagging top honours with a gross score of 72! talk about talent. 

On that note, we will be welcoming the new year in just over a week. Time really flies and as I mentioned in the last post, 2019 has been a fantastic golfing year. 

From (L-R) : Justin Thomas signed CIMB flag, Rory McIlroy signed 2014 Open flag, TW signed Masters flag (GOAT) and my HIO ball. 

Didn't go for any golf trips outside of Malaysia this year though. So that's probably something I want to pick up again in 2020. Would love to golf in Chiang Mai or any other place in Thailand for that matter. 

Until the next post, always remember to fix your balls marks, speed up play and I wish you the best in 2020! 



No comments:

Post a Comment