For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Keeping the faith

Posted this on instagram earlier last Saturday.

I didn't sleep well the Friday night before, constantly waking up to see if it was raining (and it was) and by the time I got ready, it was still raining. I was though encouraged by the weather forecast. (cloudy in the morning) But heading out when it's grey and raining? That's faith.


So over breakfast Phang and I enjoyed a nice bowl of kolo mee and soup whilst the rain continued to pour. I had decided earlier that I would hit the driving range anyway if the rain didn't stop. So imagine our joy when the sun decided to make an appearance. We then made our way to the Samarahan Country Club and teed off at about 8.30am. 

On a day when the course was really soggy, I was very pleased that I was still striking my irons well consistently (loving this new grip change) on and off the tee. Driving was a mixed bag and putting was crapppp. Put it down to lost of touch but I hate missing those makeable 6 footers. 

Anyways, golf season is now in full swing and that means the stars are back in action. In the meantime, the Robert Allenby saga continues to unravel and he's scheduled to give a press conference today. In other news, a certain Mr. Woods and Mr. DJ also return to action at the Waste Management Phoenix Open (What a name) and the Farmer's Insurance Open, respectively.

Closer to home, the Maybank Open will begin on 5.02.2014 where defending Champion, Lee Westwood will be looking to make it back-to-back wins at the KLGCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment