For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Cobra Fly-Z - Flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy


If you didn't catch the 'flyyyyy' reference in the teaser post a couple of week's back, here's the new addition to the bag. The Cobra -FlyZ driver.

Comes in Blue, Black, Red, Orange and White. I went with the White option (9* - 12*), ditched the stock shaft and paired it with my Graphite Design Tour AD Dj6 shaft.


More info here.


"We put the center of gravity of the Fly-Z™ lower and farther back than ever before, making it our longest, most forgiving driver yet."

 How's that for a tagline? 

The Fly-Z line feature three drivers.

The Fly-Z XL, FLY-Z and FLY-Z+ (which allows the golfer to 'flip' the weight and thereby adjust the centre of gravity - I honestly do not know how these things work).


Picture taken from mygolfspy.

Driving is one aspect of my game that comes and goes, so there's really no need to make my life that much harder on the tee box. 
So from the chart, I passed on the Fly-Z+ and Fly-Z XL (which I tried and I didn't like how huge the club head looked) and decided to go with the Fly Z instead.

I have used it less then 10 times over the last two weeks (missed golf last weekend cause I was under the weather) so I am still dialing it in. First impressions though were good. I like the design and the feel off the face felt good.
More details when I hit the course tomorrow so stay tuned. 

- UPDATE - 6 months in

First up, if you haven't read, the Cobra Fly-Z driver snagged MyGolfSpy's award for the most wanted driver in 2015.

So what do I think of it?
 
After gaming the Fly-Z for about 6 months, I can honestly say that I love it. For starters, it is forgiving and long. In terms of distance, I have picked up about 15-20 meters easy over my old Callaway Razr Fit driver. It's forgiving to hit and I don't lose as much distance on my misses (mostly slices). Plus, I love how it looks and sounds. 

The prices of the Fly z line of drivers, fairway woods and hybrids have been heavily discounted (Fly-Z driver - RM600+, Fairway Woods - RM400+, Hybrids RM300+ for the American Spec.) so if you need a new driver, now's the time to see what the hype is all over. And so what if it's going to be replaced next year? You won't find a better driver at this price. 

2 comments:

  1. can you show me where can i buy Cobra Fly Z driver & irons ? i occasionally fly to KL and would like to buy some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, check out RGT Technology, No.2 Jalan SS7/16, Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. They carry a wide range of clubs and brands and have the cobra line too.

    ReplyDelete