For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Farewell 2015

In a short few hours we will bid 2015 farewell. So, in keeping with tradition, here's a post to recollect a couple of the golfing highlights in 2015.

1. Earlier in February, I attended the Maybank Malaysian Open 2015 at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club, catching the stars from the European Tour, Asian Tour and our Local pros in action. Anirban Lahiri played superbly on the last day to bag his biggest win. 





2. In May, the PGM / Asian Development Tour rolled into town for the PGM MNRB Sarawak Championship, where I caught up with my mate Chris and met ADT players, Nick and Greg. Good times.






3. Then the Kaki - Golf crew embarked on our yearly golfing trip. This time, we headed to Bandung!




4. In August, I participated in the Kuching leg of the BMW International Golf Cup 2015 at the Samarahan Country Club and managed 1st runner up in the nett - guest category. My first time winning something in a golf tournament! (well there was that wooden spoon one time..)





5. October was a literally golf month and we start off with the Sime Darby LPGA 2015. Attended for the first time and it was really fun seeing the stars of the LPGA in action. Jessica Korda, snapped a winless streak with some superb golf over the four days.






6. At the end of October came the biggest Malaysian golfing event in 2015. The CIMB Classic. I have attended twice as a spectator and this year, I volunteered and had an absolutely smashing time. Met with some of the biggest stars in the game and saw the action up close from behind the ropes. I am looking forward to CIMB Classic 2016 already!




Needless to say it's been a really fantastic golfing year for me and I am very thankful. 

Looking forward to 2016 and am hoping for more of the same. I hope 2015 has been kind to you, thank you for visiting my humble blog and have a safe and happy new year!

1 comment:

  1. The 13 Best Places To Play Video Poker in 2021 - Mapyro
    Find the best places to play video poker, and find the 10 best places 포천 출장안마 to play video poker. 구미 출장샵 Use our interactive 광명 출장마사지 map to 1xbet login find the 나주 출장마사지 best

    ReplyDelete