For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Friday, July 25, 2014

The new big boy

I had been gaming my trusty Callaway Razr Fit Driver, 9.5 (with Graphite Design's DJ-6s shaft) for the last year or so and really like how it performs. 

However, during an impulsive buying spree at the end of last year, I splashed on the Titleist 913 D2 Driver, 9.5 (with Graphite Design's BB-6s shaft) and had it kept away in my spare bag as I couldn't bring myself to use a brand new driver, just yet. 

Weeks turned to months until I recently read about the soon to be launched 915 drivers on mygolfspy and realized it was about time to get acquainted with the new big boy. 




I initially thought about bringing it along to Thailand but thought against it. It's not quite a wise decision to get acquainted with new gear on the golf course and I usually like  to get a feel of them at the driving range first. 

I had been driving pretty consistently with the Razr Fit over the last two months or so, but due to the lack of game time in recent weeks, the slice started creeping back into my drive and perhaps it wasn't the best time to switch drivers.


Nevertheless, I decided to introduce the 913 to the course anyway and as expected, it wasn't a good 'driving' day. I skied my first drive, popped and sliced a few and only managed 2 good drives that day. 

Impact felt very solid and visually, I was getting more distance on the ball, but I do feel that I have to 'load' up and swing more aggressively with this BB-6 shaft compared the the DJ-6 shaft.

Once I get the hang of the 913, I will write another post to see if it's better suited to my game compared to the Razr Fit.

The long weekend is here and you know what that means. Time to hit the fairway!

No comments:

Post a Comment