For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Monday, October 27, 2014

The case of the crooked left arm.

I was eager to hit the fairway after the disappointing outing at Damai the week before.

Last Saturday, we teed off at Kelab Golf Sarawak where we took on the Matang and Santubong 9. After a hearty breakfast we made our way for our a.m tee off time.

As mentioned earlier, I sort-of figured out what the problem was. This.

 "Apa ini" simply means "What's this??!"

It's a good thing there was a photographer on the day snapping the participants. Just look at the form.. or rather the left arm. A total collapse, much to my chagrin. In hindsight, I wasn't keeping my left arm straight and I wasn't maintaining the 90 degree / L shape on the downswing. As a result, I was casting / releasing the club way too early - thus the fat shots. (Would be happy to hear any other comments)

So I made a mental note to keep my left arm straight (for starters) and true enough, I wasn't hitting it fat. In fact, I was topping the first few iron shots! But the striking improved thereafter and I was much happier with my iron game. 

However, on a day when striking had improved, I was inevitably let down by abysmal putting. 

Perhaps it was the after effects of putting on the greens at Damai, but the putter was ice-cold and I just couldn't sink any putts. I was 2 - 3 putting on every other hole and that was pretty sad to see. All things considered, I was still pretty pleased to find out what went wrong. 

In other news, I have decided to put the Titleist 913 D2 back in the bag and I am still coming to grips with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment