For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 round up!

As usual, it's hard to believe that the new year is just around the corner. So as we bid farewell to 2014 and usher in 2015, it's time to reminisce on the highlights of the year.

Striking a pose at Borneo Highlands.

2014 has been a pretty good year. In terms of Golfing, I would have to say it's been fantastic.

For starters, I started blogging again. After reigniting my love for the game, I decided to document most things golf right here on kaki-golf.blogspot.com and it's been good fun.

In terms of game time, I was pleased that I managed to play alot more golf. Squeezing in a round of 9 holes during the week every now and then. 2014 was also a year of travel and I was fortunate enough to play on a number of courses abroad and at home. 

In July, the boys and I had a golfing excursion to Thailand. Pattaya and Bangkok to be more precise and we played on some great courses.

Thai Country Club, Bangkok.

St. Andrews 2000, Pattaya.

Through September and October I played a number of courses in Kuala Lumpur including the prestigious KLGCC (although I wouldn't rate it as the best course in KL) 

KLGCC.

In between, I made a trip to KL to check out the CIMB classic 2014 and had a blast. Met a bunch of the stars, snapped plenty of pics and got a bunch of autographs. 

CIMB Classic 2014, KLGCC.



Ryan Moore successfully defended his title. A worthy champion, especially those approach shots down the stretch on day 4, my word.

Then, thanks to my mate Kenny, we attended an exclusive demo day with Titleist at the Glenmarie Golf and Country Club to check out the latest 915 metals.



In November, the boys and I made our second golfing trip. This time to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. We had a great time and our kaki, Edwin made his first ace at the Sabah Golf and Country Club.

Sabah Golf & Country Club, Kota Kinabalu.

That pretty much sums up 2014 and I couldn't have asked for a better golfing year. All things considered, I might have set the bar pretty high for 2015. 

Moving forward and onwards, there are a few things I would like to improve about the blog. Getting a proper web domain is something I have been considering and I am probably going to tweak the 'golf review posts' too. Particularly, the criteria ratings.

Come the new year, I am also hoping to play more new courses in KL and if the opportunity arises, a round at the The Els Club, Teluk Datai, Langkawi. There's also the golfing trip to Bandung, Indonesia next June the boys and I have planned next June. 

Speaking of which, it's devastating to read about the latest on QZ8501. I can only imagine the sorrow the grieving families must be going through. May they find solace soon.

Closer to home, states in West Malaysia are experiencing the worse floods in decades and through this difficult time, it's moving to see Malaysians come together to help those in need. 

If anything, it serves as a reminder the life is indeed precious and short. 

Cherish your loved ones. Always be thankful. Appreciate the little things. Strive to be happy and remember to pick up the pace on the fairway.

With that, I wish you, my dear readers and fellow golf kakis, a Happy and Safe New Year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment