For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Finding the right trolley.

You can't play once during the weekend and expect your game to improve. Which is why I have been trying to find the time to walk the course (9 holes) once during a weekday evening. Plus it's good exercise.

So far I have done it twice now. The first time with a friend's four wheel trolley and the second carrying my stand bag. Carrying the stand bag isn't too taxing and it does give a good work out. But I find there is less fidgeting and movement required with the trolley compared with the stand bag. (First world problems, I know.) 

Anyhoo, I had been researching for a bit now on trolleys and decided that I was in the market for a push trolley with either 3 or 4 wheels. The Clicgear 3 / 3.5+ was an obvious choice but even it's discounted price of RM890.00 / RM920.00 was unkind to the wallet. Plus, I was going to use it once a week at the most and couldn't justify the purchase. 

I should also mention that before I made my eventual purchase, checks at MST, Pan West, LT Sports (all in Kuching) revealed there was no stock of trolleys. Tis must be the season of walking. 

I was heading over to KL anyway so I was quite set on getting one there.

So, the check list.

1. Push Cart
2. 3 -4 wheeler
3. Light
4. Compact when folded and easy to use
5. Did it come with accessories?
6. Below RM500.00

With the price range in mind, I said a sad farewell to the clicgear and looked on. Considered the bagboy express DLX trolley which was available at Transview and was available at RM500.00 on the dot. (items 1,2,3,4 and 6 ticked). MST @ Midvalley had the 3 wheel Aerocart for RM399.00 but it was rather bulky when folded and didn't come with any accessories.

Then I had a look at the trolleys from Axglo and considered the 4 wheel flip and go cart. Pricier though. So I looked at the 3 wheel Trilite model which retailed for RM599.00 (RM690.00 at one shop I checked), still pricey but I liked how it included some accessories like the umbrella and beverage holder. Fortunately, I managed to find the Trilite for RM490.00 (All items ticked! comes with 1 year warranty too) from an online store, BestBallGolf.  

Tarmizi, the seller was friendly and super helpful. Told him that I didn't have transport, so he took the trouble to send it all the way to Midvalley. The trolley was brand new in box and after inspecting it, I was more then happy to make the purchase. BestBallGolf also sell the 4 wheel Axglo and other golf accessories too like grips, balls etc so definitely worth checking out. 


Ta-dah! (Spent RM10.00 at KLIA to wrap it up)


In other news, MST @ Aeon, Midvalley are having a sale at the moment and had some PUMA attire up for sale. Shirts and Shorts below RM100.00. I Like!

Needless to say, I bought 2 shirts and a pair of shorts to add to my ever growing collection of PUMA gear. Good selection and discounts on Bell and Page attire too.


Haven't unpacked the Trilite yet so I will do a more detailed review when I bring it down to the course.

1 comment: