For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Godzilla (SPOILER ALERT!)

A brief pause from our regular scheduled programming of all things golf.


The Godzilla reboot is now playing in theaters and has claimed the no.1 spot at the box office. It's worth a watch in my books but I have one BIG gripe about it. Be warmed, Major Spoiler ahead.





To be honest, I wanted to watch the movie cause Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad - nuff said) stars in it. As you can see from the trailer, that's some good stuff we see from Bryan Cranston who plays Nuclear Plant engineer, Joe Brody with such emotion and realness (watch Breaking Bad, you will know what I mean). Takes a while to adjust to the hair do, but pivotal character for sure.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

So why kill him off in the first half an hour??  Why would they do that?? The movie would have been so much more awe-somer if he was alive. What, did they use all the money on CGI that they ran out of budget to keep him alive? Puzzling indeed. 

I have no idea who Aaron Taylor-Johnson is and while I like Ken Watanabe as an actor, he just seemed daze and confused throughout the movie. Special mention to Elizabeth Olsen though, fantastic actress.

Oh and there will be inevitable comparisons with Pacific Rim. The first off the top of my head, they both have 'unknown' lead actors hahaha. If I really had to choose which was better, I would pick Pacific Rim. Way better monster battles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment